Snoring can be a major problem in personal relationships. Partners and others may have trouble sleeping at night due to a snorer in the house. This can result in both parties feeling frustrated and tired, affecting their ability to work or study during the day. This can also lead to the snorer or partner eventually sleeping in separate rooms.
The main cause of snoring is due to the relaxation of muscles in the airway during sleep. When you are awake, muscles of the pharynx (located right behind your tongue) hold the airway open. However, when you sleep, these muscles relax resulting in narrowing or “collapse” of the airway. When you breathe in, the disruption in airflow causes soft tissue in the palate and throat to vibrate.
- Sleeping on your back
- Sleep deprivation
- Deviated septum, a narrow or blocked nose, sinus infections or
- Having a small lower jaw
- Drinking Alcohol
- Cigarette smoking
Natural Remedies for Snoring in Geelong
- Aim to sleep on your side. There are also aides such as pillows or try a vibrating device that prompts the sleeper to lay roll over if they snore
- Keep a good sleep routine to stop sleep deprivation
- Try and shed some weight
- Cut back on alcohol and cigarettes (especially before bedtime)
- Try an Oral Appliance- Dental Sleep Clinic Australia for Snoring Geelong. We would be happy to help you.
There are many gizmos and gadgets available over the counter but most do not work or are only a quick fix solution. If you feel you have tried everything, seek medical assistance as there may be something else that can be done to help you with snoring Geelong.
Related Post: Snoring: When should I consult a doctor